Barnet Schools Charity Christmas Card Competition 2017
Your chance to design Barnet Giving’s Official Charity Christmas Card
1. The competition is open to all students aged 5 to 18 attending school in Barnet.
2. Each participating student must be enrolled at the school between 01 June 2017 and 31 December 2017.
3. Participating schools must enrol to join the competition before 29 September.
4. Entries must be made via the school.
5. Each school can enter up to 10 designs per age category.
6. Entries must be submitted in one batch together with a completed entry form.
7. The entry form must be completed and submitted by an authorised member of school staff.
8. The closing date for entries is Friday 6 October 2017.
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There is no entry fee and no fee shall be paid to entrants.
11. All entered artwork and any pertaining copyright shall be deemed to have been donated to Barnet Giving, the charity project.
12. All entrants agree to take part in publicity and/or to have their photographs submitted to the press or media in support of the project.
13. All entries must be the artist’s own work.
14. Al entering schools must abide by the conditions of entry
There are five age categories in the competition:
Years 1 to 2 (5 to 7 yr olds)
Years 3 to 6 (8 to 11 yr olds)
Years 7 to 9 (12 to 14 yr olds)
Years 10 to 11 (15 and 16 yr olds)
Years 12 to 13 (17 and 19 yr olds)
Certificates of achievement will be awarded in each category for:
First place, second place, third place and shortlisted.
The First Place design from each category will be reproduced as one of the cards in the official Barnet Giving Charity Christmas Card pack 2017
Conditions of Entry – Agreement with participating schools
1. Each school agrees to abide by the rules of the competition.
2. Each school will actively promote the packs of cards for sale to its staff, parents, pupils and contact network – for example using in newsletters, on their website, email or events.
3. Barnet Giving will provide the school with completed packs of the Christmas card for sale.
4. Each school will make every effort to generate advance orders to mitigate the risk of overprinting.
5. The retail price of each pack is £5. Where the school makes a sale and receives the money, it will remit 66% of the money collected to Barnet Giving.
6. Any packs unsold must be returned to Barnet Giving.
7. Barnet Giving will provide each school with marketing materials to encourage entries.
8. Barnet Giving will accredit each school as being a supporter of the its charity project and local community, and providing a listing on its website.
9. Barnet Giving will publicise schools taking part and the winners of the competition.